Colm Branigan is an approved driving instructor (ADI) with the Road Safety Authority (RSA ) & is a member of the prestigious RoSPA Advanced Drivers having passed the Advanced Test at GOLD standard & attained the RoSPA Diploma in Advanced Driving Instruction!ï»¿
Colm Branigan is a registered & approved driving instructor (ADI) with The RoadSafety Authority (RSA) which is the new regulatory body for driving instruction in Ireland, set up by the government. In order to be approved and registered, one has to undertake an advanced theory test, a driving test & an instructional ability test. One also has to meet certain other criteria as laid down by the RSA such as garda & tax clearance. Colm completed all three modules of the examination process in June 2008 & is now on the RSA approved register. For more information on the RSA-ADI register, please click on the ADI logo above.
Colm is one of the elite few to achieve the prestigious Grade “A” Cardington. The DSA Cardington Special Driving Test is for qualified Approved Driving Instructors and is the recognised benchmark for UK civilian driving excellence. To achieve a Grade A pass this demanding test permits up to 3 driver errors to be committed over a 90 minute rigorous route. The test is conducted from The DSA Training & Development Centre in Cardington, near Bedford.
Colm is also a member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists having passed the IAM advanced driving test and a member of the DIAmond Advanced Motorists – MasterDriver Club having passed The DIAmond Special Test in April 2009, which is regarded as the most stringent measure of driving ability in the UK . Please click on the IAM & DIAmond logos for more information.
Colm has passed the RoSPA ( Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents) Advanced Driving Test at GOLD Grade standard in March 2008. The RoSPA advanced driving test is regarded as the most comprehensive and challenging available to the public. It is monitored and approved by the Driving Standards Agency (UK). A RoSPA GOLD award is the highest civilian driving standard available and the holder will be a master of his or her art. Colm has also attained the RoSPA Diploma in Advanced Driving Instruction which means that he is qualified to train other drivers for an advanced driving test or advanced driving generally and to train to an advanced level both in the classroom and in-vehicle within the fleet industry. In order to attain the diploma, one has to pass an advanced written theory test, a practical test of Gold standard driving, a practical test of instructional ability and a classroom presentation test. Overall, Colm is trained to provide risk assessment analysis and guidance to drivers, identifying common driving faults, giving advice and remedies. For more information on the RoSPA test & diploma, please follow the link on our home page.
Alongside the aforementioned qualifications, Colm holds full driving licences for Category C, Rigid Trucks & Category EC, Articulated Trucks, Category D, Buses & Minibuses & has over 30 years driving experience to call upon enabling him to identify, analyze & correct driving faults of all standards ensuring professional tuition at all times.
Colm is committed to teaching safe driving skills and hazard awareness techniques which his clients can utilize throughout their driving careers.ï»¿
- We cater for all levels- from absolute beginners to test standard & beyond
- Registered training provider for the Essential Driver Training(EDT) programme
- All sessions & courses are risk assessed by independent safety management consultants ensuring the highest standards & best practice
- Dublin Northside Test Areas Covered
- One Pupil per Lesson
- Ford Focus Training Vehicle- Dual Controlled & Fully Insured
- Driving School Car Available for Test
- Tuition in Client's Own Car
- Pre- Test Lessons
- Motorway Tuition (Full Licence Required)
- Advanced Driving Tuition
- Post Test/Refresher Sessions (tailored to suit client's needs)ï»¿
LESSONS FROM€29.90 per hour!
- 1 hour lesson or pre-test was €40now €35 you save €5!
- 1.5 hour lesson or pre-test was €60now €52 you save €8!
- 2 Hour lesson or pre-test was €80now €69 you save €11!
- 5 hour lesson package was €180now €159 you save €21!
- 10 hour lesson package was €350now €299 you save €51!
12 Hour EDT Course for only€359!
Individual 1 Hour EDT Lessons only €35 each!
There will be an additional charge for logbooks.
- Car Hire for test (including a 1 hour pre-test) only €120!
- Driving Instructor Training (2 hour sessions only) €45 per hour!
- All major credit & debit cards including Laser accepted.
- Simply give your card details when you phone in!
- Alternatively, text or email us & we will call you!
- Payment is required at time of booking for all lessons; this includes special offer packages & individual sessions.
- At least 48 hours notice is required in the event of a cancellation, otherwise full session fees will be forfeited.
- All prices quoted include VAT @ 13.5%.ï»¿
Why Choose Us
Why choose Colm Branigan ADI-RSA, RoSPA Dip., Cardington “A”, RoADA, IAM ?
- He is a fully qualified Approved Driving Instructor with The RSA, achieving 100% (maximum mark available) in his Stage 3 Test of Instructional Ability in June 2008.
- He is one of the elite few to achieve a Grade “A” Cardington in May 2010. The DSA Cardington Special Test is for fully qualified Approved Driving Instructors and is the recognized benchmark for UK civilian driving excellence.
- He is a fully qualified RoSPA Advanced Driving Trainer ( RoSPA Diploma achieved with distinction in April 2008 ) offering tuition on Advanced Driving Skills including Commentary Driving
- He is a member of the prestigious RoSPA Advanced Drivers having passed the RoSPA Advanced Driving Test at Gold Standard in March 2008, which is the highest civilian driving standard available
- He is a member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists having passed the IAM Advanced Driving Test in July 2008.
- He is a member of the DIAmond Advanced Motorists – MasterDriver Club having passed The DIAmond Special Test in April 2009, which is regarded as the most stringent measure of driving ability in the UK .
In addition to the above qualifications, Colm has been coached in
Specialist Driver Training Subjects & Techniques
Alan Esam, MA ADI AIRSO DIA HPC RoADA IAM.
Alan Esam is probably one of the most widely qualified Driving Trainers in the UK. Colm has been coached by Alan in a wide range of driver training subjects & techniques including:
- How People Learn & Learning Styles
- Advanced Communication Skills
- Effective Coaching Skills
- Levels of Instruction & Transfer of Learning Techniques
For more information on Alan Esam, please click on the link below :
Alongside the aforementioned qualifications, Colm holds full driving licences for Category C, Rigid Trucks & Category EC, Articulated Trucks & has over 30 years driving experience to call upon enabling him to identify, analyze & correct driving faults of all standards ensuring professional tuition at all times
Branigan's Driving School caters for everyone from beginners to test standard & beyond!
To learn safe driving skills...
Contact Colm on 087-6324006 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org ï»¿